Clean Up Progress Report…

The clean up continues after a hiatus…I was sick in April and I swear the bug just went and hid, it didn’t really go away…it made itself known again a couple of weeks ago in a last ditch effort after which it seems to have finally left the building…the result, a couple of months of feeling rather blah and it taking all my energy just to get to and from and remain upright at work…

I figured out the whole selling things on the e-bay and the virtual garage sale so far has resulted in three lace curtains, three sets of bedroom curtains, one bookcase and the small freezer finding new productive lives.

I was able to wash the laundry walls and scrub the tiles once the small freezer was removed.  The laundry is a much more user friendly space now without the freezer in there, it was just so cluttered.  There really is only room for the washing machine and dryer (which was sitting on top of the freezer).

There is a lot of stuff to go in the virtual garage sale and it will take ages to get through but a space is created each time which is good.  The living area needs to be wall washed, carpet cleaned, etc, but stuff for the virtual garage sale has kind of moved out into that space so that will probably be the last space to be scrubbed. Mmm…or the office room, it is a disaster zone still…

Outside renovations have progressed…the front and back grass is under control so that mowing isn’t a whole day event and doesn’t wreck me for a week…all the weeds  sprayed a couple of months ago have now dried up to a lovely shade of dead and are removable without the need for heavy machinery.  First weed job was the driveway (it isn’t concreted) cleaned up so it isn’t like driving into a paddock, yay!

In the front yard I took to the plants that line the driveway with the electric hedge trimmer…I love that tool, it is so much fun!…and now I can get in and out of Larry without being attacked by plants…and the garden beds around the house are weeded…the garden bed in front of the lounge room window is half weeded…it is a jungle in there! but I ran out of both muscles and space in the trailer…

It was jumped on a couple of times as well so it was really really full…it was taken to the tip yesterday…so empty again and ready for some more action.

I want to clean up the plants in the front yard, maybe take out a couple and replace…not sure yet…but first the cleaning up stuff…

In the backyard I have cleaned the weeds out of the garden bed with the rosemary, cut both the rosemary bushes back…one of them had gone all wooody (they are two different varieties), I cut it right down so that it can regenerate…if it doesn’t I’ll just pull it out, no bother and replace it with something else…I found the thyme plant, knew it was there somewhere! and cleaned up the rhubarb plant which needs to be divided…

There is still a fair bit of weed removal in the backyard and the roses have to be pruned as well but it is only the beginning of winter and I’m hoping to use the next couple of months as clean up time before the spring growth starts.

 Back indoors – yesterday in an attempt to stop the wind whistling in under the doors I made a couple of draught stoppers from scraps of curtain material and calico in the pile of non-quilting fabric…warmer already!…

Herself has given the sniff of approval and it appears the test was passed…

Right that tells me where I am up to as of now…now to figure out how to get an extension for my study assignment…that was another thing that lost the plot during the blahs…

Advertisements

Posted on June 20, 2011, in Clean Up. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: