Clean Up Progress…

The sewing room renovations have been continuing…details take so much longer with nothing to show…so in three weeks…

  • small quilts hung back up on the sewing room wall…

  • new light shade put up (the original one sacrificed itself during the washing of the ceiling…OK I knocked it with the mop and it broke) after returning to the shop and getting the washer jigger than goes on the inside so that when the batten skirt is reattached the shade doesn’t fall down…I could not for the life of me figure out how it was supposed to work when the hole in the top of the shade was considerably larger than the batten skirt to hold it up…turns out I was missing a bit…oh that would be the problem…

  • antenna point and powerpoint installed…while that was happening Jindi and I jumped into Larry and scooted up the highway to get the wall bracket thingy…so glad I didn’t attempt bracket installation by myself, it was much trickier that I thought it would be…all done now and tele off the cutting table and on the wall where it can be easily viewed in the sewing room and from the office (study) room (the doors are in line) as the bracket is one of those move about tilty types…

  • little shelf thingy back on wall and thimbles reinstated…

  • entire (last) weekend taken up with The Great Scanathon Project…scanning all the paper in folders and display books that took up too much space…sorted, discarded some and scanning the rest into an electronic library of notes and patterns that were previously either handwritten or photocopied…it took AGES…but the pile is finally diminished…Oy, the poor trees!!!

  • one bookcase listed for sale…hasn’t worked so far but you never know someone might want it…

The end result of all this is a sewing room space that is SO much nicer to be in…actually it was so nice to be in I spent just about a whole week in there and just shut my eyes to the rest of the house!!!

This weekend I moved to the next room – my bedroom – walls and ceiling washed, carpet shampooed, light shade washed – and it survived the experience!!!  Yesterday I washed/aired all the bedding…blankets, allegen covers, etc…turned the mattress…and put the room back together…pushed the bed slightly across the room so it is closer to the window and now there is a much larger floor space…makes the room seem bigger…I’m thinking of going furniture shopping again for this room…I have two IKEA chests of drawers which don’t match in with the bed and bedside tables but were good enough at the time…time to go shopping for something better suited…the trick will be finding something the right size…

Mmm…maybe I have got a few things done…helps to write it out…it’s easy to forget just how much work…and time!…it actually takes to get the little things done…

Catch ya!

Advertisements

Posted on March 20, 2011, in Clean Up. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.

  1. OH my what a busy girl you have been. I am sure it feels very nice having your room back in the order that you want it. A nice space to let your mind go and create…
    Awesome!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: