Christmas Angel Quilt…

No stitching happening at this venue so…here is one I prepared earlier…

This quilt was the result of a group challenge.  Two of us set the challenge and the rest of the group took part.  The main purpose of the challenge was colour – we set very specific guidelines with respect to the use of colour and provided a traced stitchery, a skein of floss in either red or green (I got green obviously) and three 5″ squares of fabric, to be made into any item of the maker’s choice.  Both of us who set the challenge participated on an equal footing with the other group members and pulled a challenge bag from the basket along with everyone else.

As my challenge bag had green floss my item had to be 80% green. The other 20% to be red and gold.  No other colours were allowed to be used.  I saw a quilt in a magazine and used it as the basis for my item.  Of course I didn’t follow the instructions very well – adding the stitchery in the centre and the pinwheel stepping stones in the sashing – come to think of it I may have added the sashing as well I can’t quite remember.  There are seed beads on the stitchery and in the centre of the pinwheels as well, added a bit of a lift to the design.  Guess I just liked and used the star block, the rest I made up as I went along as usual.  I was quite pleased with the results.

The Christmas decorations have finally been unpacked and I have to say that having the fairy lights turned on in the lounge room makes this whole Christmas is happening whether I’m ready or not seem just that bit more convincing.

Happy sewing…

Advertisements

Posted on December 13, 2009, in Christmas, Quilts, Stitchery. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.

  1. hey, Jindi ~
    I LOVE this quilt, the colors are beautiful and of course I love the way you “created” it!! 🙂 Type B quilters are AWESOME!!! lol!! 🙂 Thanks for sharing.
    Maybe I’ll remember to get on the chat sooner this week.
    Hugz,
    Cathy 🙂

  2. mmm pretty – that angel sure looks good with all her stars.

  3. Yes this quilt turned out awesome… I love it. Such a fun project to get others involved too.. Way to go 🙂
    LOL Yes type B quilters are awesome… speaking of we should make a button.. Maybe I will just design one today and wear it proudly 🙂
    Keep a look out for it and if you want to share in the fun come on by and snag it 😉
    Hugs to you sweet friend and thank you for the sweet comments on the blog 😉
    M

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: